By Tom Downey, Chat Sports
MLB executives haven’t slowed down for the holidays, with several teams making acquisitions over the past week. Multiple big-name free agents remain on the market, providing plenty of continued rumblings and rumors around the league as we head into the new year.
Check out the latest MLB rumors and news below.
• The Washington Nationals have signed infielder Stephen Drew, reports Jon Heyman of CBS Sports. Exact terms of the contract aren’t known, but Heyman reports the deal is worth $3 million.
• The Chicago White Sox and Baltimore Orioles are the favorites to land Yoenis Cespedes, reports Jesse Sanchez of MLB.com. Also in the running are the Los Angeles Angels and San Francisco Giants.
• Chat Sports: The six best MLB franchises since 2000
• The White Sox haven't shut the door on shortstop Alexei Ramirez. CBS Chicago reports the club could bring back Ramirez if they don’t spend all their money on an outfielder.
• The Milwaukee Brewerssigned outfielder Eric Young to a minor-league deal, reports ESPN’s Jerry Crasnick.
• Chat Sports: Ten Best MLB Players For 2016
• The addition of Aroldis Chapman doesn’t mean the New York Yankees will deal Andrew Miller. General manager Brian Cashman told ESPN he plans to keep Miller.