Here are the latest MLB rumors, injury news, and possible trade talks.
Through the first two months of the Major League Baseball season, rumors are already starting to fly about deals that could be made before the non-waiver trade deadline on July 31.
As teams scramble to get a foothold of their positions in their respective divisions, injuries have already derailed some teams potential at a postseason berth.
Here is the latest news and rumors from around the league.
Rumors and News
• The New Yankees are looking for a third baseman on the trade market. Current third baseman Chase Headley is hitting only .227 this season. (Boston Globe)
• The Miami Marlins are willing to listen to offers for Christian Yelich, Marcell Ozuna and J.T. Realmuto. (Fox Sports)
• Yankees trade infielder Ruben Tejada to Baltimore Orioles. Tejada is currently assigned to Triple-A Norfolk.
• New York Yankees placed outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury on the 10-day disabled list with a concussion.
• Colorado Rockies placed pitcher Tyler Anderson on the 10-day disabled list with left knee inflammation. Move is retroactive to June 1.
• Washington Nationals outfielder Jayson Werth is listed as day-to-day with left foot soreness.
• Marlins pitcher Edinson Volquez’s next start is in jeopardy. Volquez injured his ankle in his last start in which he threw a no-hitter.
• Cincinnati Reds outfielder Billy Hamilton not expected to hit the disabled list. Hamilton is dealing with a left shoulder strain.
• Detroit Tigers pitcher Justin Verlander not expected to miss next start after leaving last start with right groin tightness.