MLB Trade Rumors: Darvish Traded To Dodgers At Deadline
The second half of the MLB season is underway and rumors are flying about deals that could be made days before today's non-waiver trade deadline.
So far, the White Sox appear to be the biggest sellers so far trading Jose Quintana to the Cubs and dealing Todd Frazier, David Robertson and Tommy Kahnle to Yankees.
The team also sent outfielder Melky Cabrera to the Kansas City Royals for two prospects: right-hander A.J. Puckett and left-hander Andre Davis.
Check out the latest news and rumors from around the league.
Trades and Rumors
• The Pirates have traded for right-handed pitcher Joaquin Benoit from the Phillies. (Ken Rosenthal, FOX Sports)
• The Orioles traded for infielder Tim Beckham from the Rays. (Marc Topkin, Tampa Bay Times)
• The Nationals traded for right-handed pitcher Brandon Kintzler from the Twins. (Chelsea Janes, Washington Post)
• The Dodgers traded for left-handed pitcher Ton Cingrani from the Reds. (Ken Rosenthal, FOX Sports)
• The Padres will not trade left-handed pitcher Brad Hand. (Ken Rosenthal, FOX Sports)
• The Dodgers traded for left-handed pitcher Tony Watson from the Pirates. (Jon Heyman, FanRag Sports)
• The Diamondbacks traded for right-handed pitcher David Hernandez from the Angels. (Buster Olney, ESPN)
• Yu Darvish will either be traded to the Dodgers, or not traded at all barring a surprise. (Bob Nightengale, USA Today)
• Tigers ace Justin Verlander will not be traded on Monday. (Jon Morosi, MLB Network)
• The Oakland Athletics have agreed to trade pitcher Sonny Gray to the New York Yankees, according to Jack Curry of the YES Network. The deal was confirmed by several other MLB reporters. The Yankees will send two injured prospects in Dutin Fowler (knee) and James Kaprielian (Tommy John surgery) along with Jorge Mateo to Oakland, according to Jeff Passan of Yahoo Sports.
• The Indians have acquired right-handed pitcher Joe Smith from the Toronto Blue Jays. (Ken Rosenthal, FOX Sports)
• The Yankees completed another trade at the deadline and will send right-handed pitcher Yefry Ramirez to the Orioles for international signing bonus pool money. (Team announcement)
• The Twins are in the "red zone" regarding a trade that includes Brandon Kintzler and the Nationals could be the team that he is headed to but not 100% certain. (Jerry Crasnick, ESPN)
• The Astros traded outfielder Nori Aoki and a minor league player to the Blue Jays. (Brian McTaggart, MLB.com)
• The Nationals, Astros and Dodgers have interest and communication with the Orioles regarding Zach Britton. (Ken Rosenthal, FOX Sports)
• The Diamondbacks acquired infielder Adam Rosales from the A's for minor league pitcher Jeferson Mejia. (Team announcement)
• The Tigers are not engaged in active trade talks on Justin Verlander, as he most likely will not be dealt. (Jon Morosi, MLB.com)
• The Boston Red Sox have traded for Mets reliever Addison Reed for minor league pitchers Jamie Callahan, Gerson Bautista, and Stephen Nogosek. (Jon Heyman, FanRag Sports)
• The Tigers trade pitcher Justin Wilson and catcher Alex Avila to the Chicago Cubs for prospects. (Team announcement)
• The Royals acquired left fielder Melky Cabrera and cash considerations from the White Sox in exchange for right-handed pitcher A.J. Puckett and left-handed pitcher Andre Davis. (Official)
• The Yankees acquired left-handed pitcher Jaime Garcia and cash considerations from the Twins in exchange for left-handed pitcher Dietrich Enns and right-handed pitcher Zack Littell. (Official)
• The Diamondbacks are "unlikely" to pursue any trades before the deadline and is content with its current middle-infield depth. (Ken Rosenthal, Fox Sports)
• The Brewers are interested in Mets outfielder Curtis Granderson and The Indians are seeking a bench bat, with Asdrubal Cabrera's name being mentioned. (Mark Feinsand, MLB.com)