Here are the latest on MLB rumors, possible trade talks and free agency transactions.
It's that time of year again where major league baseball's free agency will spark a lot of rumors and a lot of deals in teams hopes that a player will bring them one step closer to a championship.
Nine players have received $17.4 million qualifying offers from their teams, and a total of 166 players have filed for free agency.
The majority of deals are expected to take place during the Baseball Winter Meetings on Dec. 10–14 in Orlando, Florida. The league's general manager as set to meet this week.
Here is the latest news and rumors from around the league.
Rumors and News
• Giancarlo Stanton continues to be subject of trade rumors as many teams in including the Giants, Red Sox, Cardinals and Phillies have reportedly expressed interest. Stanton has 10 years and $295 million left on his contract. (MLB.com)
• The nine players that received a one-year, $17.4 million qualifying offer will reject the offers to enter free agency. (FanRag Sports)
• The Yankees have not yet spoken with free agent CC Sabathia about returning to the team next season. (MLB.com)
• The Atlanta Braves to hire Alex Anthopoulos as their new general manager.
• The Twins have inquired about getting Reds closer Raisel Iglesias via trade. (MLB.com)
• In need of a second baseman, the Los Angeles Angels have “extensively examined” Phillies second baseman Cesar Hernandez. (Los Angeles Times)
• Free-agent Ichiro Sukuki has reached out to the Oakland A's about possibly joining the team. (San Francisco Chronicle)
• The Giants are inquiring about Billy Hamilton. (MLB Network)