Here are the latest on MLB rumors, possible trade talks and free agency transactions.
It has been a slow free agency period so far, but things are expected to pick up once the winter meetings take place this week in Orlando, Fla.
So far, the nine players who have received $17.4 million qualifying offers from their teams have turned down the offer and there has been little movement between teams and the 166 players that have filed for free agency.
The biggest blockbuster in years has been completed as the New York Yankees finalized of a trade sending National League Most Valuable Player Giancarlo Stanton from the Miami Marlins to the Bronx.
The Marlins will get back second baseman Starlin Castro, minor league right-handed pitcher Jorge Guzman and minor league infielder Jose Devers in the deal.
Here is the latest news and rumors from around the league.
Rumors and News
• The Orioles may want to trade a reliever to the Mets in exchange for Matt Harvey. (The Athletic)
• The Pirates are open to moving Gerrit Cole, with the Yankees a possible landing spot. (ESPN)
• The Phillies are interested in both Orioles closer Zach Britton and third baseman Manny Machado. (MASN)
• Tigers GM Al Avila expects second baseman Ian Kinsler to be traded by the end of the winter. (MLB.com)
• Jacoby Ellsbury is “unlikely” to waive his no-trade clause and ease the Yankees’ outfield logjam. (MLB.com)
• Yuli Gurriel’s racist gesture toward Yu Darvish wouldn’t be a barrier to the Astros signing Darvish. (FanRag Sports)
• Pat Neshek has a two-year deal worth $16 million with the Phillies. (FanRag Sports/USA Today)
• The Boston Red Sox have let several teams know that Jackie Bradley Jr. is available. (USA Today)
• The New York Mets have talked to at least two teams about trading pitcher Matt Harvey this offseason. (New York Daily News)
• At least six teams have “expressed significant interest” in pitcher Tom Koehler. (MLB.com)
• The Cardinals and Rockies are aggressively pursuing Tampa Bay Rays closer Alex Colome. (USA Today)
• The Yankees have completed their contract extension with general manager Brian Cashman. The deal is worth $25 million over five years. (FanRag Sports)
• The Oakland Athletics continue to set their sights on Cardinals OF/1B Stephen Piscotty. (MLB.com)
• The Chicago Cubs and pitcher Brandon Morrow agree to a two-year deal worth $21 million, pending physical. (The Athletic)
• A half dozen teams are interested in first baseman Carlos Santana. Santana has already rejected the Cleveland Indians' qualifying offer. (Cleveland Plain Dealer)
• The Los Angeles Angels and CC Sabathia have held talks about possibly signing him to a deal. (New York Post)
• J.D Martinez, Eric Hosmer and Kyle Schwarber are sluggers that the Boston Red Sox are looking at. (FanRag Sports)