Find out the latest news and rumors around MLB this offseason.
As the offseason has gotten underway, teams are starting to overhaul their rosters.
Several free agents have been given qualifying offers and signings of pitchers have dominated the landscape as the general manager meetings begin. Next month's Winter Meetings are expected to be significant as many stars such as Manny Machado and Bryce Harper could sign landmark contracts.
Here's all of the latest rumors around baseball:
• The Mariners are close to sending catcher Mike Zunino and outfielder Guillermo Heredia to the Rays in exchange for outfielder Mallex Smith. The trade could be finalized within the next day. (Ryan Divish, The Seattle Times)
• The Mets are interested in free agent reliever Andrew Miller. Miller spent the 2018 season with the Cleveland Indians. (Jon Morosi, MLB Network)
• The Marlins are in talks with the Astros, Nationals, Braves, Rays, Dodgers and Rockies regarding a possible trade for catcher J.T. Realmuto. (Jim Bowden, The Athletic)
• In addition to seeking out a "superstar position player," the Phillies are also reportedly interested in free agent pitcher Craig Kimbrel. (Jon Morosi, MLB Network)
• In an effort to acquire some young talent, the Mariners are reportedly open to trading pitcher James Paxton, a 30-year-old left-hander. (Ryan Divish, Seattle Times)
• The White Sox are eyeing starters Patrick Corbin and J.A Happ. (Jon Paul Morosi, MLB.com)
• The Braves will be in the market for a closer this offseason. (Jon Morosi, MLB.com)
• Zach Britton says he is open to pitching in a different role than closer as long as it doesn't hurt him financially. (MLB Network Radio)
• Dodgers general manager Farhan Zaidi accepted an offer from the San Francisco Giants to become their head of baseball operations. (Henry Schulman, San Francisco Chronicle)
• The Padres are in the market for a "quality" starting pitcher and have their eye on Nathan Eovaldi. (Kevin Acee, San Diego Union-Tribune)
• CC Sabathia and the Yankees have agreed to a one-year deal, $8 million deal. (Jeff Passan, Yahoo Sports)
• The Nationals made a multiyear offer to Bryce Harper on the day of Washington's final home game, which he did not accept. (Jon Heyman, Fancred)
• Astros righty Lance McCullers Jr. will miss the 2019 season after undergoing Tommy John surgery Tuesday. (Jake Kaplan, The Athletic)