Christmas Day was relatively quiet, but the MLB rumor mill is still churning. The offseason's biggest free agents, Bryce Harper and Manny Machado, remain on the market and are expected to sign big deals at the beginning of the new year.
The Winter Meetings produced a handful of signings, including Patrick Corbin's six-year, $140 million deal with the Washington Nationals.
Here are all the latest transactions and rumors around baseball:
• The San Diego Padres and Miami are still engaged in trade talks over Marlins catcher J.T. Realmuto. San Diego could possibly send catcher Austin Hedges to Miami in a deal for pitching. (Jon Morosi, MLB Network)
• At least five teams are involved with the Cleveland Indians, who are trying to lock down a trade for starting pitcher Corey Kluber. (Jon Morosi, MLB Network)
• The Padres are one of the teams inquiring about Kluber, and are also interested in Toronto Blue Jays starter Marcus Stroman. (Kevin Acee, San Diego Union Tribune)
• The Milwaukee Brewers and Nationals are among the teams that are in play for veteran Jed Lowrie. Lowrie spent the last three seasons with the Oakland Athletics. (Jamal Collier, MLB.com)
• The Texas Rangers are still searching for help at catcher, even though the team isn't expected to be in the mix for J.T. Realmuto. (T.R. Sullivan, MLB.com)