Get the latest scoops, news and rumors during the MLB offseason.
This week, pitchers and catchers are set to report to spring training as teams get down to setting their rosters for the upcoming season.
The business of free agency is still going, as dozens of players are waiting for teams to call in hopes of securing a deal to play in 2019.
Two of the most coveted free agents continue to be Manny Machado and Bryce Harper.
Harper has a new suitor in the San Francisco Giants, who met with the slugging outfielder last week. Machado is sought after by several teams including the Chicago White Sox, who reportedly offered the All-Star a deal worth nearly $250 million.
Here are all the latest rumors and news around baseball:
• Angels manager Brad Ausmus expects Shohei Ohtani to return in May. (Jeff Fletcher, Southern California News Group)
• The Cardinals are seeking an extension with first baseman Paul Goldschmidt. (Jennifer Langosch, MLB.com)
• The Twins are looking to sign multiple members of their young core to contract extensions in free agency. (La Velle E. Neal III, Minnesota Star Tribune)
• Jacob DeGrom has set opening day as the deadline for extension negotiations with the Mets. (Mike Puma, New York Post)
• The Yankees would be "comfortable" moving Miguel Andujar to first base if they signed Manny Machado in free agency. (Andy Martino, SNY)
• Outfielder Melky Cabrera signed a minor-league contract with the Pirates. (Ken Rosenthal, The Athletic)