Keep up with the latest rumors leading up to the trade deadline on July 31.
The MLB trade deadline is now less than a week away and the rumors around who will be staying and going are heating up.
Though no blockbuster deals have taken place yet, many teams, including the Toronto Blue Jays and Detroit Tigers appear to be sellers at the point, with many teams scouring those teams looking for starter and bullpen help.
Expect playoff contenders to be active up until the July 31 4 p.m. trade deadline, trying to solidify or keep their leads in division races.
There is no waiver trade deadline this season so teams need to finalize their plans moving forward before then.
Here is the latest roundup of news and rumors from around the league.
• Troy Tulowitzki has announced his retirement from the Yankees. (Mark Feinsand, MLB.com)
• The Mets are fully intent on dealing Syndergaard before the trade deadline. "It's beyond listening," one source said. "They want to move him." (Buster Olney, ESPN)
• The Mets are exploring trading Syndergaard and signing Wheeler to an extension. New York would benefit from return for Syndergaard while keeping Wheeler, who would depart in free agency. (Ken Rosenthal, The Athletic)
• Tyler White has been traded from the Astros to the Dodgers for minor league righthanded pitcher Andre Scrubb. (Mark Feinsand, MLB Network)
• The Tigers have agreed to terms with righthanded pitcher Jake Thompson on a Minor League contract, and he has been assigned to Single A Lakeland. (Official)
• The Yankees acquire minors catcher Brian Navarreto from Twins. (Jon Heyman, MLB Network)
• The New York Yankees are seeking out additional starting pitching help despite winning 25 of their last 33 games. (Bryan Hock, MLB.com)
• Detroit Tigers outfielder Nicholas Castellanos and closer Shane Greene are likely to be traded. (Jon Paul Morosi, MLB Network)
• Relievers for the San Francisco Giants have caught the eye of the Los Angeles Dodgers. (Henry Schulman, San Francisco Chronicle)
• The Phillies have discussed a potential trade for Indians SP Trevor Bauer. (Jon Morosi, MLB Network)
• Chances are 'pretty high' that New York Mets pitcher Zack Wheeler will be traded. (Mike Mazzeo, Yahoo Sports)
• Few teams see Giants' Madison Bumgarner going anywhere now. (Jon Heyman, MLB Network)