For the first time this season, the Texas Rangers will have to make up a game.
Saturday's contest between the Rangers and Toronto Blue Jays has been postponed due to rain. The Blue Jays typically don't have to worry about rain delays since they are one of nine teams with roofed stadium. However, they have been playing their home games at their spring training facility in Dunedin, Fla. and most recently at Sahlen Field in Buffalo, New York.
Each of the the team's starters from Saturday's games (Texas' Kolby Allard and Toronto's Hyun Jin Ryu) will start the first leg of the doubleheader on Sunday, which starts at 12:07 p.m. CT. Per MLB policy, each game will only be seven innings and there will be approximately 30 minutes between the two games.
Mike Foltynewicz (2-8, 5.11 ERA) will start the second game for the Rangers, facing Toronto left-hander Steven Matz (7-4, 4.72 ERA).
Both teams will also have a league-permitted 27th man for the doubleheader. The Rangers are calling up Demarcus Evans for Sunday and expect him to be available for both games.
Rangers Draft Signings
- Mitchell Bratt, LHP, Newmarket HS (Fifth round): Signed for $850,000 ($431,800 over-slot)
- Chase Lee, RHP, Alabama (Sixth round): Signed for $75,000 ($237,400 under-slot)
- Bradford Webb, RHP, VCU (Seventh round): Signed for $10,000 ($233,000 under-slot)
- Liam Hicks, C, Arkansas State (Ninth round): Signed for $30,000 ($131,400 under-slot)
- C.J. Widger, LHP, Rowan College at Gloucester County (10th round): Signed for $20,000 ($129,300 under-slot)
Rangers vs Yankees: Starting Lineups, Injury Report
The Rangers begin a three-game series against Joey Gallo and the Yankees in the Bronx.
Rangers Struggles Continue As They Drop Finale vs White Sox
The Texas Rangers struggled on both sides of the ball during this seven-game homestand, as they were outscored 51-16.
Rangers History Today: Two Home Run Milestones In One Game
On this day, the Texas Rangers reached a pair of home run milestones put up by players well-known and not well-known in franchise lore.
Total Savings: +$299,300
All signings except for Bratt reported by Baseball America.
Rangers Roster Moves
Sam Huff has been activated from the 60-day IL and optioned to Double-A Frisco. Huff has played three games at Frisco on rehab assignment after an eight-game rehab stint in Arizona.
To make room for Huff on the 40-man roster, RHP Tyler Phillips, who was on option to Triple-A Round Rock, has been designated for assignment. Major League roster remains at 40.
Editor's Note: This story has been updated since originally published.
More From SI's Inside The Rangers:
- Rangers Hammered By Long Ball In 10-2 Loss To Blue Jays
- Rangers Farm Notes: Jung Hitting, Huff Mashing, Frisco Dealing
- Rangers All-Star Break: An Escape As Trade Deadline Looms
Like 'Inside The Rangers' on Facebook