• Top Recruit DeMarcus Cousins Playing Hardball With UABBy Seth Davis, November 18, 2008This is an important time of year in college basketball. The early signing period for high school seniors began on Nov. 12 and runs through Wednesday. There is some debate as to whom is the best high school player in America, but I'm here to tell you that there is no doubt who is the smartest. His name is DeMarcus Cousins.
• April MadnessBy Luke Winn, April 27, 2009John Calipari's jump to Kentucky created chaos among recruits, several of whom remain uncommitted.
• Simply Put, Kentucky Is Better Than The RestBy Stewart Mandel, March 23, 2010A year from now, John Wall, DeMarcus Cousins and Patrick Patterson will be playing against Kobe and LeBron. But first, they'll go to-to-toe with a cast of Ivy League scholars.
• Kentucky Ends Cornell's Great Run, Looks Like Team To Beat In TourneyBy Stewart Mandel, March 26, 2010The Kentucky Wildcats ran on to the "neutral" Carrier Dome court Thursday night to a cascade of boos. Freshmen stars John Wall and DeMarcus Cousins giggled. The throngs of red-clad Cornell supporters -- apparently misinformed about the protocol for aspiring Cinderellas -- then broke out an inappropriately premature chant of "over-rated."
• General Managers Have Tough Call To Make On Ultra-Talented CousinsBy Frank Hughes, May 21, 2010The next group to enter the conference room included Wall's teammate DeMarcus Cousins, perhaps the player most criticized for his immaturity and insurrection. After his session with the media, a reporter approached Cousins and asked him to sit down for a previously arranged interview that was meant to address the many shortcomings that Cousins claims are misperceptions or mischaracterizations of his true self.
• Cousins A Wild Card At Top Of DraftBy Ian Thomsen, June 22, 2010The "wingspan" player of this NBA draft is Kentucky center DeMarcus Cousins, whose reach bridges the No. 1 pick to the middle of the lottery. Cousins is talented enough to be chosen ahead of all of his peers on Thursday (though that isn't going to happen), and he is controversial enough to slide to No. 7 (not likely to happen either).
We've Got Apps Too
Get expert analysis, unrivaled access, and the award-winning storytelling only SI can provide — from Peter King, Tom Verducci, Lee Jenkins, Grant Wahl, Andy Staples and more — delivered straight to you, along with up-to-the-minute news and live scores.