• Serena's at Peace with HerselfBy Michael Silver, March 22, 1999After back-to-back titles, Serena Williams has no doubt she can win big.
• Who's Your Daddy?By S.L. Price, May 31, 1999Call Richard Williams what you want -- bizarre, deceitful or, perhaps, mad -- but be sure of one thing: He has brilliantly guided the careers and lives of his daughters Venus and Serena, the hottest players in tennis.
• Father Knew Best By S.L. Price, September 20, 1999With her galvanizing win at the U.S. Open, Serena Williams proved Dad right -- he predicted that she, not older sister Venus, would be the better player -- but may have created family tension. • American Revolution.By S.L. Price, September 17, 2001The battle for supremacy in the women's game seemed over after the Williams sisters dominated the U.S. Open as never before.
• Venus EclipsedBy L. Jon Wertheim, April 07, 2003While Serena Williams dominates, her big sister no longer intimidates.
• The Serena ShowBy L. Jon Wertheim, May 26, 2003Serena Williams, who defends her French Open title next week, is now tennis's biggest star, and no one could be happier on the grand stage.
• Nerves and VolleysBy S.L. Price, July 14, 2003Serena Williams won another ragged final against sister Venus to defend her Wimbledon title, and Roger Federer bagged his first major with flawless all-court tennis.
• Digging Down DeepBy L. Jon Wertheim, February 07, 2005Serena Williams and Marat Safin gave gut-check performances to win the Australian Open and make it clear that they intend to return to the top of the game.
• Many Happy ReturnsBy L. Jon Wertheim, April 09, 2007Serena Williams's resurgence shows why tennis is so conducive to comebacks.
You May Like
Sign Up for our Newsletter
Don't get stuck on the sidelines! Sign up to get exclusives, daily highlights, analysis and more—delivered right to your inbox!