Sports Illustrated launches the all-new SI App, a sleek new mobile platform for SI's original sports content that presents first-of-its-kind functionality and lightning-fast speed.
Today we're launching the Sports Illustrated App, a new place to connect with our audience while showcasing SI's unparalleled storytelling and reporting from our award-winning journalists. With all-new modes of personalization, a clean in-app navigation experience and distinct SI editorial curation—along with the scores, videos, notifications and up-to-the-minute news that sports fans want—we're excited to introduce this new product. Download the SI App now on iOS and Android.
This is the brand's first native multisport application, designed to present all of our outstanding original content in one place. We've worked hard to develop this new platform to serve the mobile sports fan with an experience that is fast, sleek, informative and intuitive. The SI App introduces a range of new engagement and editorial features that include:
• Personalize by team or writer: Locate the stories most important to you quickly in the MySI feed. Simply select your favorite teams and writers to get a personalized SI experience. Receive breaking news and instant score alerts not just about your favorite teams, but also when stories from your favorite writers are published.
• Pin live games as you browse the app: This first-of-its-kind feature allows users to pin the scoreboard of any game to the home screen to follow live action while simultaneously browsing the latest stories and headlines.
• The 10 Spot: A brand new editorially curated section that highlights the best of Sports Illustrated. Featuring original analysis, a unique editorial voice, plus iconic photography and videos handpicked by editors, the 10 Spot adds a distinct SI flavor to what's most important in sports right now.
• Pin videos: Another new multitasking feature that allows you to continue watching clips as you explore the app with SI’s unique picture-in-picture presentation.
• Scores+: Find the latest info on all the games from the NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, college basketball and football—with more leagues to come. Set alerts for any game and customize notifications the way you want: by game start, quarter/period, all scoring plays or just the final score.
And we’re just getting started. The app will be continuously updated, featuring the addition of many more sports, expanded content and additional functionality.
We've observed what our audience values and designed the SI App experience accordingly. We hope that you enjoy this new experience.
Download the SI App now on iOS and Android.
-- SI Group Editor Paul Fichtenbaum and Digital GM Patty Hirsch