The Cavaliers have been actively shopping the No. 1 overall pick in Thursday's draft. (David Liam Kyle/NBAE via Getty Images)
The rumor mill continues to churn as we get closer to Thursday’s NBA draft. Here’s a round-up of the most noteworthy trade rumors from late Monday and Tuesday.
• ESPN.com: "The Cavs continue to mull their options at No. 1. They are engaged in trade talks with a number of teams. Sources say the Thunder, Timberwolves and Blazers have been the most proactive in trying to get the No. 1 pick -- but so far neither team has persuaded the Cavs to move out of the top pick."
• HoopsWorld.com: "There was some commentary yesterday suggesting that LaMarcus Aldridge had requested a trade from the Blazers (completely untrue), but that hasn’t stopped teams from trying to tempt the Blazers into a deal. The Cleveland Cavaliers are said to have offered both the No. 1 overall pick and the No. overall 19 pick in exchange for Aldridge and were turned away, while there have been rumblings that new Suns general manager Ryan McDonough has made at least one pass at Aldridge involving Marcin Gortat."
• Yahoo! Sports: "The Atlanta Hawks are dangling their two first-round picks for a trade in hopes of moving up in Thursday's NBA draft, possibly as high as the top five, sources tell Yahoo! Sports. … The Hawks also are intrigued by UCLA small forward Shabazz Muhammad, a source said."
• ESPN.com: "The Sacramento Kings are looking to acquire a second first-round pick and are using guard Jimmer Fredette as bait. Sources say the Kings have reached out to a number of teams in the mid-to-late first round in an attempt to secure another pick. Both the Indiana Pacers and Utah Jazz are potential destinations for Jimmer. Kings coach Mike Malone is enamored with both Tim Hardaway Jr. and Tony Snell, but the Kings feel that they can get them much lower in the draft."
• New York Post: "The Knicks have offered future second-round picks and future considerations (cash) to Portland in an attempt to regain the rights to small forward Kostas Papanikolaou, according to sources. ... The Knicks drafted Papanikolaou last June in the second round with the 48th overall pick, telling the media he would be ready to arrive in the NBA for the 2013-14 season. But in desperation, with almost no assets left, Grunwald dealt Papanikolaou in the Raymond Felton sign-and-trade so he could avoid matching Jeremy Lin’s monster contract offer."
• Houston Chronicle: "The Rockets are in advanced talks on a cap-clearing trade of forward Thomas Robinson, with a deal potentially 'imminent,' a person with knowledge of their plans said on Tuesday. ... The Cleveland Cavaliers and San Antonio Spurs have shown interest in Robinson, according to another individual with knowledge of the Rockets efforts to move Robinson’s $3.5 million salary next season."
• ESPN.com: "The Cleveland Cavaliers and the Milwaukee Bucks are among the teams that have expressed trade interest in Boston Celtics star Paul Pierce, according to sources with knowledge of the talks. ... The Celtics do remain hopeful of acquiring a first-round pick for Pierce this week in conjunction with Thursday's draft. But sources said the Celtics have shown an inclination to try to work with Pierce to get him to a favorable destination -- which essentially translates to a contending team -- if they indeed decide to trade him by week's end."
• Sporting News: "If the Celtics can unload Pierce to a team with enough cap space to absorb his salary, they will get a trade exception worth Pierce’s salary, or $15.3 million. And if that happens, the plan is already in place. According to a source, the Celtics have a sign-and-trade offer ready for Atlanta forward Josh Smith that would be the top priority in free agency."
• ESPN.com: "According to a source, Cleveland offered the No. 1 pick, Tristan Thompson and Dion Waiters to try and land Minnesota’s Kevin Love. But new Timberwolves president Flip Saunders won’t move Love."
• Timberwolves president Flip Saunders: "Have to chuckle at all the trade comments, proposals and some suggestions. DO enjoy them but please think first lol."