Take a look at the latest news and rumors around the NBA.
By Brian Rauf, Chat Sports
The Golden State Warriors blew out the Cleveland Cavaliers, 110–77, in Game 2 of the NBA Finals on Sunday night, giving them a 2–0 lead in the series. Game 3 will be in Cleveland on Wednesday.
While the Finals are consuming the focus of fans, teams are preparing for the NBA draft on June 23.
Check out the latest NBA news and rumors below.
• Cavs forward Kevin Love suffered a concussion during Game 2 after being elbowed in the head by Harrison Barnes, reports ESPN’s Brian Windhorst. He is questionable for Game 3 and has entered the league’s concussion protocol.
• Cleveland may trade Love if the team looks to make changes this off-season, reports The Vertical’s Chris Mannix.
• The Los Angeles Lakers have “fallen out of interest” in Maccabi Tel Aviv forward Dragan Bender, meaning they will likely select Brandon Ingram with the No. 2 pick in the draft, reports Basketball Insiders” David Pick.
• Rockets general manager Daryl Morey told SiriusXM Bleacher Report Radio that the team would “welcome” Dwight Howard back to Houston. Howard is expected to opt out of his contract and become a free agent.
• Minnesota Timberwolves point guard Ricky Rubio said he could demand a trade if the team doesn’t make the playoffs next season, reports ESPN.
• The New York Knicks will not pursue point guards Jeremy Lin and Ty Lawson in free agency this summer, reports the New York Post’s Marc Berman.
• The Los Angeles Clippers are trying to move up in the first round of the draft, reports Basketball Insiders’ Steve Kyler. They currently have the No. 25 pick.