NBA rumors: Latest preseason news on injuries, contracts, more
We're exactly a week away from the start of the NBA regular season, when the Cleveland Cavaliers will host the New York Knicks next Tuesday. There's also just a few days left in the preseason, and teams are making cuts as they finalize their roster.
Check out the latest NBA news and rumors below.
• The NBA and NBPA will meet on Wednesday to begin CBA negotiations, reports ESPN's Ian Begley and Dave McMenamin.
• The Boston Celtics are expected to pursue both Los Angeles Clippers forward Blake Griffin and Utah Jazz forward Gordon Hayward in 2017 free agency, reports Kevin O'Connor of The Ringer.
• The Sacramento Kings cleared point guard Ty Lawson to return to the team on Monday after he missed a team flight this weekend, reports ESPN's Marc Stein.
• Golden State Warriors head coach Steve Kerr told SiriusXM NBA Radio that rookie Patrick McCaw has been a "pleasant surprise" in training camp and will be in their rotation this season.
• Kerr also said he expects center JaVale McGee to get the Warriors' final roster spot, reports Anthony Slater of the San Jose Mercury News.
• New Chicago Bulls point guard Michael Carter-Williams changed his jersey from No. 1 to No. 7 to avoid a Derrick Rose controversy, reports Check Garfien of Comcast Sportsnet Chicago.
• Veteran free agent Tayshaun Prince intends to play in the NBA this season and while there has been interest, he has not received a contract offer from any team yet, reports Marc J. Spears of The Undefeated.