The latest news and rumors from the NBA regular season.
By Brian Rauf, Chat Sports
The NBA season is now underway for all 30 teams in the league after a four-game Thursday night slate, headlined by the Chicago Bulls' 105-99 win over the Boston Celtics. There are eight more games on Friday night, headlined by the New Orleans Pelicans hosting the Golden State Warriors.
Check out the latest NBA news and rumors below.
• The Minnesota Timberwolves are interested in acquiring Cleveland Cavaliers guard Iman Shumpert, reports Joe Vardon of the Cleveland Plain-Dealer.
• The Cavs may be interested in trading for Houston Rockets guard Patrick Beverley, reports Vardon.
• Brooklyn Nets rookie guard Caris LeVert is expected to return from a foot injury "within in the next couple of weeks," reports Brian Lewis of the New York Post. LeVert is rehabbing from foot surgery at the end of March.
• Former Timberwolves forward Kevin Garnett has joined TNT's Inside the NBA studio show, but it also talking with the Cavaliers and Milwaukee Bucks about a "coaching consultant" role, reports Adrian Wojnarowski of The Vertical.
• Cavaliers forward and Canadian national team player Tristan Thompson challenged other Canadian players to "step up and play" for the national team, reports ESPN's Dave McMenamin.
• Former No. 1 overall pick Greg Oden is serving as a student-coach for the Ohio State basketball team this season, reports Dana Hunsinger Benbow of the Indianapolis Star.
• NBA commissioner Adam Silver is "determined" to bring an All-Star game to Sacramento after they opened the new Golden 1 Center on Thursday, reports Ryan Lillis and Tony Bizjak of the Sacramento Bee.