The latest news and rumors from the NBA regular season.
By Brian Rauf, Chat Sports
The NBA season has now passed the quarter point for most teams in the league, and Washington Wizards point guard John Wall stole headlines on Tuesday by scoring 52 points in the team's 124-116 loss to the Orlando Magic. Wall called out his teammates after the game, saying they didn't play with any effort.
Check out the latest NBA news and rumors below.
• Cleveland Cavaliers guard J.R. Smith is listed as day-to-day after an MRI revealed no structural damage to his knee after suffering an injury against the Toronto Raptors, reports Shams Charania of The Vertical.
• Dallas Mavericks center Andrew Bogut suffered a minor bone bruise in the team's loss to the Charlotte Hornets on Monday and is expected to be back in two weeks, reports ESPN's Marc Stein.
• New York Knicks president Phil Jackson said he "could regret" referring to LeBron James' business associates as his "posse," reports ESPN's Ian Begley.
• Forward Donatas Motiejunas failed to report to the Houston Rockets for his physical after they matched the Brooklyn Nets' offer sheet, reports ESPN's Calvin Watkins.
• Miami Heat forward Chris Bosh is still "evaluating his options" before trying to reach a buyout agreement with the team, reports Marc Berman of the New York Post.
• The San Antonio Spurs tried to trade up and draft Klay Thompson in 2011, reports Adrian Wojnarowski of The Vertical.
• Jackson told CBS Sports Network's "We Need to Talk" that he smoked marijuana to help him recover from back surgery that caused him to miss the entire 1969-1970 season. Golden State Warriors head coach Steve Kerr admitted to smoking marijuana to help with his back pain after surgery last season.