NBA playoff picture: Updated matchups, seedings, standings
There are just days left in the NBA’s regular season, with the playoffs starting Saturday, April 15.
The Cavs will aim to defend their title, the Warriors will try and reclaim it, the Spurs will try and crash the party again, and the Rockets and Celtics look like intriguing dark horses.
Golden State has clinched the West, and Cleveland looks capable of hanging on to the top seed in the East after Wednesday’s win over Boston. There are still spots up for grabs in the East, and Portland and Denver are fighting for the last place in the West.
As of Friday night, here’s what the playoff matchups would look like.
1) Cleveland Cavaliers (51–29) vs. 8) Chicago Bulls (39–41)
2) Boston Celtics (51–29) vs. 7) Indiana Pacers (40–40)
3) Toronto Raptors (50–31) vs. 6) Milwaukee Bucks (41–39)
4) Washington Wizards (48–32) vs. 5) Atlanta Hawks (42–38)
Boston, Cleveland, Toronto and Washington have clinched playoff spots and home court in the first round. Atlanta and Milwaukee have clinched playoff spots.
Outside looking in: Miami Heat (39-41), Detroit Pistons (36–43)
1) Golden State Warriors (66–14) vs. 8) Portland Trail Blazers (40–40)
2) San Antonio Spurs (61–19) vs. 7) Memphis Grizzlies (43–38)
3) Houston Rockets (54-26) vs. 6) Oklahoma City Thunder (46–34)
4) Utah Jazz (49–31) vs. 5) Los Angeles Clippers (49–31)*
The Western Conference playoff teams are set as Golden State has clinched home-court advantage throughout the playoffs. San Antonio and Houston have clinched playoff spots and home court in the first round and are locked into their seeds. Utah, Los Angeles, Oklahoma City and Memphis have clinched playoff spots.
The Spurs and Grizzlies, Rockets and Thunder and Jazz and Clippers are locked in for the first round. *The Jazz and Clippers are still playing for home court advantage.
View the full standings here.