Stay up to date on the latest news and rumors from around The Association.
As the Feb. 7 trade deadline approaches, the NBA has been sent into a frenzy over reports that the New York Knicks are trading Kristaps Porzingis to the Mavericks for Dennis Smith Jr.
The deal between Dallas and New York will also send Courtney Lee and Tim Hardaway Jr. to the Mavericks and DeAndre Jordan, Wes Matthews and a pick to the Knicks.
The Lakers and Pelicans have also started discussing trade possibilities around Anthony Davis, who requested a trade on Monday.
Check out the latest news and rumors around the league below.
• Anthony Davis answered questions about his trade request Friday, specifically addressing rumors that he asked to go to the Lakers. "I–or my representation–never gave the Pelicans a destination or anything so I'm not sure where that's coming from." When asked if he'd play anywhere Davis responded, "It's really on the Pelicans."
• Davis doesn't consider Boston a "long-term home." (Brian Windhorst, ESPN)
• Boston guard Kyrie Irving "might not be as committed to the Celtics as he has stated publicly." (Brian Windhorst, ESPN)
• Utah is exploring a trade for Grizzlies' guard Mike Conley. (Marc Stein, New York Times)
• Pelicans general manager Dell Demps discussed an Anthony Davis trade with Magic Johnson, but conversations were not "substantive." (Adrian Wojnarowski, ESPN)
• The Celtics don't view the Lakers as a serious threat for Kyrie Irving. (Sam Amick, The Athletic)
• Boston is seeking young players on the trade market, potentially to send New Orleans for Anthony Davis. (Brian Windhorst, ESPN)