An abbreviated look at what’s going on around the NFL on Friday, Aug. 12:
• Titans offensive coordinator Chris Palmer said that veteran QB Matt Hasselbeck is "struggling" to learn Tennessee's system after spending 10 years with the Seahawks.
• Tampa Bay is anxious to see how rookie defensive end Adrian Clayborn fares in game action. His first test is a stiff one, as he'll match up against talented Chiefs left tackle Branden Albert.
• Everette Brown, the Panthers' 2009 second-round draft choice, has been bumped from the starting lineup by 2010 fourth-rounder Eric Norwood.
• Despite starting in Week 17 last season and playing well in Thursday's preseason opener, Stephen McGeehas no interest in being anything more than the Cowboys' No. 3 quarterback.
• One dark horse in Detroit's race to find some running back depth is ex-Boise State star Ian Johnson. He's expected to get plenty of playing time in the Lions' preseason opener.
• Jarrett Bush has developed into a key piece of Green Bay's defense, and he could be on the verge of a big year if his training camp effort is any indication.
• Redskins rookie Leonard Hankerson struggled with dropped passes in college, but Washington's confident he can play a role in its offense.
but he's struggling