Chargers safety Eric Weddle said he's not coming in for off-season workouts "anytime soon until something on their side is said" regarding new contract negotiations.
Weddle is slated to be a free agent in 2016 and said last month that he feels "highly disrespected" by the team and was upset they had yet to discuss a new deal with him. The 30-year-old is skipping the team's voluntary off-season workout program, which began on April 20.
The safety also said in April that he's told the team numerous times that he wants to retire as a Charger and has "completely gotten pushed aside."
Weddle is due to earn $7.5 million in 2015. He is a three-time Pro Bowler, including in each of the last two seasons.
In 2014, Weddle recorded 114 tackles, two forced fumbles and one interception. He has started every regular season game for San Diego over the last five years and is a former second-round draft pick in 2007.
The Chargers went 9-7 last season and failed to reach the playoffs.
- Molly Geary