The latest NFL news and rumors surrounding training camp, trades and free agency.
Now that NFL training camps are finally under way, attention starts turning away from free agency and trades, and toward how existing rosters will get ready for the 2015 season.
Of course, there are still moves to be made. Teams expected to contend once again will see if their strengths have carried over from last year; those seeking turn around efforts will get another opportunity to see what improvements are possible. And of course, unfortunate injuries are always impossible to predict, forcing teams to make previously unforeseen deals.
So, what’s the latest on these teams and players? Check back often as we update below with the latest scoops on transactions, news and rumors.
• The Colts are working on an extension with wide receiver T.Y. Hilton, reports NFL Network's Rand Getlin.
• Jason Pierre-Paul won't report to Giants training camp until he can pass his physical, reports ESPN's Ed Werder. Pierre-Paul is reportedly rehabbing away from the team in Florida.
• Giants general manager Jerry Reese said on WFAN radio that he finally had a phone conversation with defensive end Jason Pierre-Paul. Pierre-Paul has remained virtually incommunicado with the Giants since losing his right index finger in a fireworks accident on July 4.
• Lions linebacker DeAndre Levy said he is not focused on a new contract, reports the Detroit Free Press. Levy, 28, is entering the final year of a three-year, $9.7 million deal he signed in 2013. Bobby Wagner, another middle linebacker, signed a four-year, $43 million extension with the Seahawks over the weekend. Levy led the Lions with 151 tackles last season.
• Ravens safety Matt Elam is expected to miss the season with a torn biceps, reports The Baltimore Sun.
• DeAndre Hopkins has seized hold of the Texans’ No. 1 wide receiver role with Andre Johnson gone, reports the Houston Chronicle.
• The Chiefs waived defensive lineman Jerel Worthy on Monday. The former second-round pick by the Packers first signed with the Chiefs last September before bouncing around their practice squad and later signing a futures contract in September.
• The Bills named Richie Incognito the starter at left guard on Sunday.