It was a rough day for the NFL's elite tight ends.
Jimmy Graham is done for the season and Rob Gronkowski was carted off the field late Sunday night.
Graham tore his right patellar tendon in Seattle's 39-30 win over Pittsburgh and will have season-ending surgery. Gronkowski injured his right knee late in the fourth quarter of New England's 30-24 overtime loss at Denver, and was writhing in pain before he was taken off the field. His status wasn't immediately known.
Meanwhile, Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger left the game in Seattle late in the fourth quarter and is in concussion protocol.
Graham and Russell Wilson were just starting to click. Graham fell awkwardly while trying to grab a deep pass in the end zone and was carted off the field with his leg in an air cast.
Tom Brady already was missing wide receivers Julian Edelman and Danny Amendola before losing Gronkowski.
The Steelers have been without Roethlisberger a few times this season. Michael Vick and Landry Jones both led them to victories in his absence.
In earlier games, Jaguars wide receiver Allen Hurns suffered a concussion and was taken to a hospital for precautionary reasons after he left the field on a stretcher during a loss to San Diego.
Hurns was injured while diving to try for a catch. He had movement and feeling before he was transported to the hospital and was later released. The team will update his status on Monday.
At Washington, the Giants lost guard Geoff Schwartz in a 20-14 loss to the Redskins. Schwartz fractured his lower leg in the first half, leaving New York's offensive line down to only two regular starters.
Chiefs All-Pro linebacker Justin Houston was tripped by a teammate in the first half and did not return with a knee injury. He'll be evaluated on Monday.
In other injury news in Week 12:
- Broncos safety T.J. Ward and nose tackle Sylvester Williams left with ankle injuries and guard Louis Vasquez injured his groin.
- 49ers tight end Garrett Celek was carted off the field with a left ankle injury.
- Cardinals running backs Andre Ellington hurt his left foot and Chris Johnson injured his left knee. Cornerback Jerraud Powers injured his calf.
- Seahawks defensive lineman Demarcus Dobbs and fullback Will Tukuafu suffered concussions.
- Steelers linebacker Ryan Shazier has a concussion and tight end Heath Miller injured his ribs.
- Dolphins lost four players in a loss to the Jets: center Mike Pouncey (right foot), receiver Rishard Matthews (ribs/chest), defensive tackles Earl Mitchell (calf) and C.J. Mosley (calf).
- Jets linebacker Calvin Pace injured his abdominal.
- Chiefs left tackle Eric Fisher hurt his neck and center Mitch Morse sustained a concussion.
- Bills running back Karlos Williams hurt his shoulder and defensive lineman Alex Carrington was carted off with a right knee injury.
- Bengals running back Jeremy Hill twisted his left ankle in the fourth quarter, and tight end Tyler Eifert had a pinched nerve. Both sat out the rest of the game in a lopsided win. Neither injury is serious.
- Jaguars safety Josh Evans suffered a concussion.
- Falcons linebacker Justin Durant injured an ankle.
AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and www.twitter.com/AP-NFL