NFL rumors: Latest news from Week 15 on injuries and more
By Tom Downey, Chat Sports
Week 15 is nearly complete after another exciting Sunday of NFL play. The playoff picture is starting to crystallize, as the Carolina Panthers, Arizona Cardinals, Green Bay Packers, Seattle Seahawks, New England Patriots and Cincinnati Bengals have all clinched playoff berths.
Check out the last NFL news and rumors below.
• Panthers cornerback Josh Norman and New York Giants wide receiver Odell Beckham Jr. were involved in a series of altercations during the Panthers’ win over the Giants on Sunday, with both players drawing flags. Norman didn’t pull any punches after the game, saying, “I hope I pulled back the mask on who this guy really is,” according to NFL.com.
• Beckham should have been ejected for one of his hits on Norman, according to a league official who spoke to Pro Football Talk’s Mike Florio. After the game, Florio said that the NFL will review the incident and could suspend Beckham.
• Denver Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning strongly refuted a report that he didn’t want to be the team’s back-up quarterback when he returns. Manning told ESPN that the NFL.com report was “bull---- and insulting.”
• New England Patriots wide receiver Danny Amendola left the team's game against the Titans with a knee injury. It is unclear how long Amendola will be out.
• The San Diego Chargers may have played their last game in San Diego. Several players, including quarterback Philip Rivers, were emotional after the 30–14 win over the Miami Dolphins. Rivers shed a few tears after a standing ovation from the fans as the game ended, according to NFL.com.