By Justin Lee, Chat Sports
With just two weeks remaining in the NFL regular season, the heat is turning up on playoff contenders, while eliminated teams around the league assess their squads before the long off-season ahead.
Heading into Week 16, everyone is still chasing the Carolina Panthers, who remain the NFL’s only undefeated team after beating the New York Giants on Sunday.
Check out the latest NFL news and rumors below.
• New Orleans Saints quarterback Drew Brees “hopes to play” in his team’s last two games of the season after sustaining a torn plantar fascia in his right foot, ESPN’s Ed Werder reports.
• The 2016 NFL Pro Bowl selections were announced Tuesday night, revealing that the Panthers have an NFL-best 10 representatives.
• In the wake of the controversy surrounding Giants wide receiver Odell Beckham Jr. and Panthers cornerback Josh Norman, Panthers head coach Ron Rivera will end the team’s ritual of bringing a baseball bat out to team warmups, he told reporters.
• Chat Sports: Predicting the NFL playoffs after 15 weeks
• Norman was fined $26,044 for two incidents involving Beckham during the Panthers’ win over the Giants on Sunday, reports ESPN’s David Newton.
• Philadelphia Eagles running back DeMarco Murray says he “can’t worry” about playing time after seeing limited action on Sunday, reports Philly.com’s Zach Berman.
• Former Cincinnati Bengals defensive tackle Devon Stillworked out for the Denver Broncos on Tuesday, reports ESPN’s Jeff Legwold. Still was waived by the Bengals in September.
• Tampa Bay Buccaneers defensive tackle Gerald McCoy told reporters he has played through a torn rotator cuff for the majority of the 2015 season.
• Chat Sports: Four teams that could acquire Colin Kaepernick this off-season
• Indianapolis Colts quarterback Matt Hasselbeck is expected to play Sunday, head coach Chuck Pagano told reporters.
• The Baltimore Ravenscould turn to former Houston Texans quarterback Ryan Mallett on Sunday against the Pittsburgh Steelers, head coach John Harbaugh said.