The Pittsburgh Steelers are going to the playoffs with uncertainty at running back.
DeAngelo Williams injured his right ankle during Pittsburgh's playoff-clinching win at Cleveland and left the stadium wearing a boot. His status for next weekend's wild-card game is unknown.
The Steelers didn't have Le'Veon Bell for a wild-card game last year after the star back injured his knee in Week 17. They lost to the Ravens 30-17.
Bell went down for the season a couple of months ago, but Williams filled in nicely.
In other injury news:
- Jets defensive lineman Muhammad Wilkerson broke his right leg.
- Chargers center Trevor Robinson (shoulder), guard/tackle Chris Hairston (abdomen) and guard/tackle Tyreek Burwell left and didn't return. Burwell was carted off the field with an undisclosed injury.
- Seahawks cornerback Jeremy Lane left with a rib injury.
- Cardinals defensive lineman Cory Redding left with an ankle injury.
- Buccaneers fullback Jorvorskie Lane was carted off the field with a right leg injury.
- Safety Kyshoen Jarrett suffered a concussion and cornerback Dashaun Phillips was taken off the field on a cart for the playoff-bound Redskins. Jarrett was scheduled for an MRI for a neck injury. Phillips went to a hospital where he was evaluated for a cervical stinger. Coach Jay Gruden said tests were fine.
- Houston left tackle Duane Brown was carted off the field after sustaining an injury to his right knee in the first quarter against Jacksonville. He was replaced by Chris Clark and said after the game that he didn't yet know the severity of the injury. Texans wide receiver Nate Washington injured his hip, while Jaguars wide receiver Neal Sterling was being evaluated for a concussion.
- Bills rookie running back Karlos Williams didn't return after injuring his knee on a 2-yard TD run. Defensive end IK Enemkpali injured his foot.
- Titans backup quarterback Zach Mettenberger injured his forearm in the third quarter.
- Browns receiver Taylor Gabriel went to the hospital after suffering a fractured orbital socket.
- Giants linebacker Uani `Unga suffered a concussion.
- Dolphins receiver Kenny Stills left with a hamstring injury.
AP NFL websites: http://pro32.ap.org and http://twitter.com/AP-NFL