Latest news from the playoffs on injuries and more.
By Tom Downey, Chat Sports
The NFL Playoffs advance to the divisional round this weekend after all four road teams won their respective wild-card games. The action picks back up on Saturday with the New England Patriots hosting the Kansas City Chiefs, followed by the Arizona Cardinals facing off against the Green Bay Packers. On Sunday, the Seattle Seahawks will visit the Carolina Panthers and the Denver Broncos will host the Pittsburgh Steelers.
Check out the latest NFL news and rumors.
• The St. Louis Rams are now the Los Angeles Rams. The league voted to allow the Rams to move to L.A., with the San Diego Chargers having the first option to join the Rams in Inglewood, Calif.
• The move means the Oakland Raiders and/or the Chargers could stay in their respective cities. According to NFL.com, the league will offer the teams $100 million to help figure out a stadium solution.
• St. Louis now is without an NFL team, but don’t expect the Jacksonville Jaguars to move there. Owner Shad Khan told the St. Louis Post Dispatch that he’s not interested in moving to St. Louis.
• The Miami Dolphins hired Bengals defensive backs coach Vance Joseph as defensive coordinator, the team announced. It’s his first coordinator job and he’s expected to maintain the 4–3 scheme the Dolphins ran last year.
• The Tampa Bay Buccaneers interviewed offensive coordinator Dirk Koetter for their opening head coaching job, reports the Tampa Bay Times. Koetter is considered the favorite for the position.
• Bengals cornerback Adam Jones said on Inside The NFL he’ll apologize to Steelers wide receiver Antonio Brown if Brown doesn’t play this weekend. Jones said earlier this week he believed Brown was faking his injury. Brown is currently in concussion protocol.
• The Steelers are banning the media from speaking with linebackers coach Joey Porter, according to the Pittsburgh Post Gazette. Porter is facing a fine after going onto the field during the injury to Brown.
• Houston Texans owner Bob McNair told the Houston Chronicle he wants a franchise quarterback. However, McNair also said “you can’t undermine the rest of your team while you’re trying to get a quarterback.” The Texans have the 22nd pick in this year’s draft.