Latest news from Super Bowl week on injuries and more.
By Brian Rauf, Chat Sports
Super Bowl 50 is only a few days away, with both the Denver Broncos and Carolina Panthers starting to make their final preparations for the game.
Check out the latest NFL news and rumors below.
• Johnny Manziel's ex-girlfriend has accused him of hitting her “several times” and said he threatened to “kill them both,” according to a report by Fort Worth Police. However, Manziel was not charged with any crime and the police have closed their investigation into the incident, reports ESPN's Adam Schefter. Manziel’s agent dropped him as a client on Friday.
• The Philadelphia Eagles are contemplating parting ways with running back DeMarco Murray this offseason, reports NFL Network's Ian Rapoport. Murray signed a five-year, $40 million deal with the deal last off-season.
• New Orleans Saints cornerback Brandon Browner tweeted a goodbye to the city of New Orleans, indicating that the team is planning to release him. Browner signed a three-year, $15 million contract with the team last year.
• Former Seattle Seahawks fullback and current NFL Network analyst Michael Robinson said it’s “fair to assume” that running back Marshawn Lynch is done in Seattle.
• New York Giants wide receiver Victor Cruz was dealing with a torn fascia in his left calf that caused him to miss the entire 2015 season, reports NJ.com's Jordan Raanan.