NFL rumors: Latest news from the Super Bowl and more
By Brian Rauf, Chat Sports
The Denver Broncos knocked off the Carolina Panthers in Super Bowl 50 on Sunday, winning the franchise’s third championship with the 24–10 victory. Linebacker Von Miller was named Super Bowl MVP with 2.5 sacks and two forced fumbles.
Check out the latest NFL news and rumors below.
• Broncos players said Panthers quarterback Cam Newton played “scared” in the Super Bowl, reports CBS Sports’ Will Brinson.
• Broncos linebacker Von Miller says he expects contract negotiations with the team will be a “peaceful thing,” reports ESPN’s Jeff Legwold. Miller is entering free agency, but has expressed his desire to stay with Denver.
• Buffalo Bills running back LeSean McCoy is being investigated for allegedly assaulting three off-duty police officers in Philadelphia, reports local television station WPVI.
• Cleveland Browns quarterback Johnny Manziel threatened to kill his ex-girlfriend, Colleen Crowley, and himself, according to an affidavit filed by Crowley.
• The Philadelphia Eagles announced they have released wide receiver Riley Cooper.
• Philadelphia is working on a deal with defensive tackle Fletcher Cox that could feature more than $50 million in guaranteed money, reports NJ.com’s Eliot Shorr-Parks.
• The New Orleans Saints have released guard Jahri Evans, reports ESPN’s Field Yates.
• Super Bowl 50 was the third-most watched Super Bowl of all time with 111.9 million viewers.