Latest news from the off-season and more.
By Tom Downey, Chat Sports
The NFL off-season is in full swing after the Denver Broncos’ victory in Super Bowl 50, with teams now focused on free agency and the upcoming draft. Tuesday marked the first day that teams could apply the franchise tag to players, while the NFL Scouting Combine begins Feb. 23.
Check out that latest NFL news and rumors below.
• Chicago Bears tight end Martellus Bennett is likely to move on from the team before next season, reports NFL.com.
• The Detroit Lions told linebacker Stephen Tulloch that he will be cut, reports ESPN’s Adam Schefter.
• Lions safety James Ihedigbo won’t return to the team next season, reports NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport.
• Denver Broncos linebacker Von Miller told ESPN he expects he’ll reach a long-term extension with the team.
• John McClain of the Houston Chronicle told Philadelphia Magazine that the Houston Texans want to draft a quarterback in round one of the NFL draft, and that they’re “tired of using retreads.”
• The Cleveland Browns released tight end Jim Dray and defensive tackle Randy Starks.
• The Jacksonville Jaguars re-signed backup quarterback Chad Henne to a two-year, $8 million contract.
• The Miami Dolphins have reached out to wide receiver Rishard Matthews to discuss a new deal, reports the Miami Herald.