Latest news from the NFL off-season and more.
By Tom Downey, Chat Sports
The NFL Scouting Combine kicked off Tuesday, giving every team a look at the top 300 prospects eligible for the draft. However, teams are also still looking at their current rosters, making cuts and working on in-house contract negotiations ahead of the new league year on March 9.
Check out the latest NFL news and rumors below.
• The Eagles could trade up from pick No. 13 to pick No. 6 with the Ravens in order to draft a quarterback in the first round, reports NJ.com.
• The Broncos are optimistic about getting a long-term deal done with free agent and Super Bowl 50 MVP Von Miller, reports NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport.
• Terrell Owens thinks Cowboys coach Jason Garrett leaked information that got the legendary wide receiver “chased out of Dallas,” reports The Dallas Morning News.
• Browns executive vice president Sashi Brown says that the team will have a roster spot for troubled wide receiver Josh Gordon, reports Cleveland.com.
• Giants defensive end Jason Pierre-Paul is suing ESPN and reporter Adam Schefter for posting his private medical records online, reports the New York Post. In an interview with Sports Illustrated after the medical records were obtained, Schefter said he “could have and should have done even more to protect [Pierre-Paul’s] medical records.”
• The domestic violence investigation into Browns quarterback Johnny Manziel has been delayed by “chaos” at the Dallas Police Department, reports The Dallas Morning News’ Tasha Tsiaperas.