NFL rumors: Latest news from the scouting combine and more
By Brian Rauf, Chat Sports
The NFL Scouting Combine wraps up Tuesday with on-field workouts for defensive backs, capping off a week of analyzing each prospect in the draft. Now, teams will turn their attentions back to their own rosters ahead of the franchise tag deadline on Tuesday and the start of the new league year on March 9.
Check out the latest NFL news and rumors below.
• The Denver Broncos are planning to part ways with quarterback Peyton Manning regardless of his anticipated retirement, reports Fox Sports’ Alex Marvez.
• New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady has reached a two-year contract extension with the team, report ESPN’s Adam Schefter and Dianna Marie Russini.
• The Atlanta Falcons plan to pursue Broncos linebacker Danny Trevathan in free agency, reports ESPN’s Vaughn McClure.
• Seattle Seahawks defensive end Michael Bennett met with the team to talk about a new deal, reports NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport.
• The Washington Redskins will “take anything” in a trade that would allow them to part ways with quarterback Robert Griffin III, reports Pro Football Talk’s Mike Florio. Washington plans to cut Griffin, but is holding out hope it can get someone in return for him.
• The Indianapolis Colts will not re-sign quarterback Matt Hasselbeck, reports NFL.com’s Michael Silver.
• New Orleans Saints defensive end Cameron Jordan had an arthroscopic procedure on his lower back, reports ESPN.