Latest news from the NFL off-season and more.
By Tom Downey, Chat Sports
The free agency pool is starting to take shape as teams continue to cut players ahead of the new league year, which starts on March 9. The biggest name on the market may now be running back Arian Foster, who was released by the Houston Texans early Thursday morning.
Check out the latest NFL news and rumors below.
• Baltimore Ravens linebacker Terrell Suggs was arrested Friday morning in Arizona for driving with a suspended license, the team announced.
• The Chicago Bears are attempting to trade tight end Martellus Bennett, reports ESPN’s Adam Schefter.
• The Houston Texans are “actively trying” to re-sign guard Brandon Brooks, the Houston Chronicle reports.
• The Miami Dolphins and running back Lamar Miller are working on a contract in the $5 million per year range, according to the Miami Herald.
• The New Orleans Saints have signed kicker Josh Scobee, reports ESPN.
• The San Diego Chargers released linebacker Donald Butler on Thursday. Butler was just two years into a seven-year, $51.8 million contract.
• Wide receiver Andre Johnson won’t be with the Colts next season. Schefter reports the Colts have informed the NFL veteran they are releasing him.
• The Jacksonville Jaguars released guard Zane Beadles and defensive end Chris Clemons on Thursday.