By Brian Rauf, Chat Sports
Many NFL teams have already turned their attention to next month’s NFL draft, but there are still a few moves that are making waves in free agency. The biggest news of late comes from the Carolina Panthers, who signed cornerback Brandon Boykin to a one-year deal.
Check out the latest NFL news and rumors below.
• Indianapolis Colts owner Jim Irsay compared the dangers of playing football to bobsledding or taking a painkiller, he told the Sports Business Journal.
• Free agent running back Arian Foster is visiting the Miami Dolphins on Tuesday, reports NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport.
• Cleveland Browns head coach Hue Jackson said the team needs to address its wide receiver need in the draft, reports NFL.com’s Chris Wesseling.
• The Detroit Lions will host former Patriots and Jets running back Stevan Ridley for a visit on Tuesday, reports Rapoport.
• Defensive end Chris Long took a pay cut to sign with the New England Patriots, reports ESPN’s Mike Reiss.
• NFL teams have approved a one-year suspension of the league’s local television blackout policy for another season, reportsSports Business Journal’s Daniel Kaplan.
• Georgia governor Nathan Deal will veto an anti-gay bill that would have cost Atlanta future Super Bowls, reports CBS Sports’ Sean Wagner-McGough.