Latest news from the NFL off-season and more.
By Matt Connolly, Chat Sports
With the 2016 NFL draft less than two weeks away, teams are scheduling their final visits with the top prospects from the collegiate ranks, but the biggest rumblings over the weekend surrounded the moves involving marquee NFL free agents.
Check out the latest NFL news and rumors below.
• The Denver Broncos and Super Bowl 50 MVP Von Miller remain far apart on contract negotiations. The linebacker is seeking roughly $20 million more over the span of a five-year deal, reports Yahoo! Sports’ Charles Robinson.
• The New York Jets and Ryan Fitzpatrick are also not close to agreeing on a new deal, according to NFL.com’s Ian Rapoport.
• The “unofficial deal” for the Baltimore Ravens to sign running back Trent Richardson is now official. The former Alabama star says he is coming in with a renewed mindset after unsuccessful stops in Cleveland, Indianapolis and Oakland.
• On the heels of trading the No. 1 pick to the Los Angeles Rams, the Tennessee Titans are trying to trade back into the top 10 in the draft, according to CBS Sports’ Jason La Canfora.
• A federal court has upheld the NFL’s $1 billion concussion settlement with former players, reports sports attorney Daniel Wallach. Though the league’s retirees were seeking a greater sum of money, the court determined that the payout was fair, “though not perfect.”
• Ole Miss wide receiver Laquon Treadwell has scheduled visits with three more NFL teams for this week, Rapoport reports.
• Ohio State running back Ezekiel Elliott is also confirmed for two teams this week, according to Rapoport.
• Veteran quarterback Brian Hoyer has been released by the Houston Texans, according to multiple reports. Both the Pittsburgh Steelers and New York Jets are interested in his services, according to the Houston Chronicle’s Aaron Wilson.