NFL rumors: Latest news from the off-season on free agency, trades, more
By Brian Rauf, Chat Sports
The NFL draft is just over a week away, and teams are scheduling their final visits and private workouts with the prospects that have struck their interest. However, there are still a few big names left on the free agent market that are making headlines, including quarterbacks Ryan Fitzpatrick and Brian Hoyer.
Check out the latest NFL news and rumors below.
• The Tennessee Titans are looking to trade up from the No. 15 pick in the draft, reports CBS Sports’ Jason La Canfora. Tennessee traded the top pick to the Los Angeles Rams last week.
• The Cleveland Browns are “initiating calls” about trading the No. 2 pick in the draft, reports the NFL Network’s Jeff Darlington.
• Indianapolis Colts quarterback Andrew Luck told Colts.com that he still hasn’t fully recovered from the lacerated kidney that caused him to miss the last seven games of the season.
• Fitzpatrick and the New York Jets are not expected to reach a deal before the draft, reports NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport.
• Hoyer is visiting the Jets on Tuesday, reports Pro Football Talk’s Josh Alper.
• The Dallas Cowboys are interested in signing Hoyer to be Tony Romo’s backup “for the right price,” reports the Fort Worth Star-Telegram’s Charean Williams.
• Rams quarterback Case Keenum has signed his first-round restricted free-agent tender, reports Rapoport.