NFL rumors: Latest off-season news on free agency, trades, draft picks
By Brian Rauf, Chat Sports
The NFL off-season has quieted down as teams have mostly finished filling their 90-man training camp rosters. There are only a few big names remaining on the open market, most notably quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick. However, there is still plenty of other news and buzz surrounding the league.
Check out all the latest NFL news and rumors below.
• Free-agent defensive end Greg Hardy sent a notice to all 32 teams detailing his efforts to get counseling, reports Pro Football Talk’s Mike Florio.
• Washington Redskins cornerback Josh Norman ripped the Carolina Panthers and general manager Dave Gettleman for releasing him, calling it a “gut punch,” according to the MMQB’s Emily Kaplan.
• No. 2 pick Carson Wentz has signed a four-year deal worth $26.6 million with the Philadelphia Eagles, the team announced.
• Las Vegas mayor Carolyn Goodman told the Dan Patrick Show that the San Diego Chargers could possibly relocate to the city if the Raiders stay in Oakland.
• Dallas Cowboys vice president Stephen Jones told the Dallas Morning News that wide receiver Dez Bryant needs to be in better shape this season.
• SportsCenter revealed that New England Patriots tight end Rob Gronkowski will be on the cover of Madden NFL 17.
• New York Jets wide receiver Eric Decker said he was “surprised” the team drafted quarterback Christian Hackenberg in the second round, according to the New York Daily News’ Seth Walder. Decker has been vocal about wanting the team to re-sign Fitzpatrick.
• The Buffalo Bills announced they will retire Hall of Fame defensive end Bruce Smith’s No. 78. He will be the second player in franchise history to have his number retired.