Miami Dolphins defensive end Dion Jordan will apply for reinstatement to the NFL on Wednesday, Jordan told USA Today.
Jordan, a former No. 3 overall pick, has not played since the 2014 season. He was suspended all of last year for violating for the NFL’s substance-abuse policy for the third time.
“I just want to play football,” Jordan told USA Today. “Because I got myself in trouble, I really ain’t got the say-so in a lot of things. But I do have the say-so in how I approach every day, how I approach my workout, how I deal with people, outside when I walk the streets, and how I wake up every morning as far as getting done what I need to do to get back on the football field.”
Jordan’s contract runs through next year with a team option for 2018. The Dolphins will owe Jordan a $1.7 million bonus if he is on the roster on the fifth day of training camp later this summer.
• JACOBS: NFL should stay far away from Art Briles
In 26 career games, Jordan has 46 tackles, including three sacks.