The NFL off-season isn’t as active as it was earlier this year. The draft is over, most of the notable free agents have signed and many teams are focusing on extending their own players. However, there’s still plenty of buzz around the league.
Check out the latest NFL news and rumors below.
• Drew Brees is in the final year of his contract, and Charles Robinson of Yahoo! reports the New Orleans Saints will likely let Brees play out the final year of his deal. Once Brees hits the open market, Robinson reports he’ll likely end up with a four-year deal in the range of $95 million–$100 million. The guaranteed money will likely eclipse $65 million.
• Wide receiver Allen Hurns has signed a four-year extension with the Jacksonville Jaguars. Ian Rapoport reports the deal is worth $40 million, with $20 million guaranteed.
• Jaguars defensive back Jalen Ramsey is recovering from a torn meniscus, but the team thinks he’ll be ready for the start of training camp. Jaguars general manager Dave Caldwell told USA Today that he has “zero concerns” about Ramsey’s knee.
• The Dallas Cowboys have a trade offer on the table for Tampa Bay Buccaneers quarterback Mike Glennon, reports Luke Rodgers of 247Sports. Rodgers reports the Cowboys offered their third-round pick in 2016 and 2017 for Glennon during the draft.
• The Chicago Bears have signed former Carolina Panthers offensive tackle Nate Chandler, reports Rapoport. The Bears had also worked out Jake Long and were in the market for offensive line help.
• The Jaguars also added offensive line depth, announcing they have signed Patrick Omameh. The three-year veteran started every game for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in 2014.