NFL rumors: Latest off-season news on free agency, trades, more
By Brian Rauf, Chat Sports
NFL training camps open in a little over two weeks, and though the league remains in a quiet state, the latest news on Andrew Luck has stirred some excitement. On Wednesday, the Indianapolis Colts signed quarterback Andrew Luck to a six-year extension worth $140 million. Luck is now the highest-paid player in the NFL.
Check out the latest NFL news and rumors below:
• Johnny Manziel has pledged to go sober starting July 1, reports ESPN’s Jeremy Fowler.
• Peyton Manning will cooperate with the NFL’s investigation into the Al-Jazeera report that claims Manning, along with five other players, used HGH, reports ESPN’s Dan Graziano. The other players included in the report are Clay Matthews, James Harrison, Julius Peppers and Mike Neal.
• New York Giants defensive end Jason Pierre-Paul appears in a public service announcement about firework usage ahead of Independence Day. Pierre-Paul lost his right index finger and severely injured the rest of his hand in a July 4 fireworks incident last year.
• Datone Jones of the Green Bay Packers told the team’s website that he is “loving” the switch from defensive lineman to outside linebacker.
• Philadelphia Eagles general manager Howie Roseman said the team made a mistake by signing “guys that aren’t our own,” reports USA Today’s Turron Davenport.
• Hall of Fame quarterback Jim Kelly feels “awesome” as he approaches his second year of being cancer-free, reports the Buffalo News’ Jack Goods.
• Mike Ditka declined an invitation to speak on behalf of Donald Trump at the Republican convention, reports the Chicago Tribune’s Kim Janssen.