NFL rumors: Latest off-season news on free agency, trades, more
By Brian Rauf, Chat Sports
As the NFL prepares for the start of training camps at the end of the month, many teams are focused on the July 15 franchise tag deadline. Before that deadline, franchise-tagged players need to either reach a long-term extension with their respective teams or sign a franchise tender.
Check out the latest NFL news and rumors below.
• The Denver Broncos have increased their offer to linebacker Von Miller, offering $61 million in guaranteed money, reports Vic Lombardi of Altitude Sports.
• Pittsburgh Steelers running back Le’Veon Bell backed off his contract demand of $15 million per season in an interview with ESPN’s James Walker.
• The New York Jets are expected to make one last attempt to reach a long-term agreement with defensive lineman Muhammad Wilkerson before the deadline, reports NFL Network’s Mike Garafolo.
• The New England Patriots may be interested in signing either Andre Johnson or Roddy White, reports the Boston Globe’s Ben Volin.
• The Dallas Cowboys could possibly sign linebacker and former Cowboy Justin Durant, reports Garafolo.
• Kansas City Chiefs safety Eric Berry told the Kansas City Star that he is “surprised” at the lack of progress in extension talks.
• Seattle Seahawks running back Thomas Rawls told ESPN’s Sheil Kapadia that he will “most definitely” be ready for the start of training camp. Rawls is recovering from an ankle injury he sustained in December.