NFL rumors: Latest off-season news on free agency, trades, more
By Brian Rauf, Chat Sports
With the first NFL training camps set to open on Friday, players are busy preparing for the start of the new season and teams are busy finalizing camp rosters. Check out the latest NFL news and rumors below.
• Free-agent running back Arian Foster will work out for the Miami Dolphins on Monday and with the Detroit Lions later this week, reports ESPN’s Adam Schefter.
• The Buffalo Bills are targeting free-agent running back Reggie Bush, reports NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport.
• New England Patriots safety Nate Ebner will play for the U.S. Rugby team in the 2016 Rio Olympics, USA Rugby announced Monday.
• The Pittsburgh Steelers are planning to place running backs Le'Veon Bell and DeAngelo Williams on the field at the same time, according to the team’s website.
• Philadelphia Eagles head coach Doug Pederson told Philly Voice that the team expects rookie quarterback Carson Wentz to be inactive for Week 1 of the regular season.
• The NFL plans to insert custom data chips into footballs that will be used during preseason and on Thursday night regular-season games, reports ESPN’s Kevin Seifert.
• The West Virginia Mountaineers football team announced that former Rams wide receiver Stedman Bailey will return to WVU to finish his degree and also serve as the team’s assistant coach. The wide receiver is a former Mountaineer. Bailey was shot twice in the head last November and hasn’t been cleared to return to the playing field since the incident.