Latest news from the NFL off-season on Green Bay Packers receiver Jordy Nelson's ACL recovery, and Dallas Cowboys running back Ezekiel Elliott leading the NFL in jersey sales.
By Brian Rauf, Chat Sports
The NFL off-season is coming to an end as training camps are set to open next week. However, the future of free-agent quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick is still up in the air as the New York Jets have yet to re-sign him.
Check out the latest NFL news and rumors below.
• Fitzpatrick declined to comment about his plans for the coming NFL season at the Harrah’s Celebrity-Amateur Golf Tournament, reports Steve Yingling of the New York Post.
• Former Baltimore Ravens offensive tackle Eugene Monroe announced his retirement on The Players’ Tribune.
• Denver Broncos head coach Gary Kubiak has indicated that Mark Sanchez will be the team’s starting quarterback, Broncos defensive tackle Sylvester Williams told SiriusXM NFL Radio.
• Green Bay Packers wide receiver Jordy Nelson is “well ahead of the curve” in his recovery from a torn ACL he sustained last preseason, reports Bob McGinn of the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel.
• Cleveland Browns defensive end Desmond Bryant is planning to play this season despite a torn pectoral muscle, reports Mary Kay Cabot of Cleveland.com.
• Dallas Cowboys rookie running back Ezekiel Elliott has led the league in jersey sales over the last three months, reports Darren Rovell of ESPN.
• New York Giants wide receiver Odell Beckham Jr. said that cornerback Josh Norman joined the Washington Redskins and is now “relevant” because of him, reports John Keim of ESPN.