NFL rumors: Latest off-season news on free agency, trades, more
By Brian Rauf, Chat Sports
With training camps set to open next week, the NFL off-season is beginning to come to an end and buzz is picking up. In addition to discussion about training camps, there has been talk about Pittsburgh Steelers running back Le'Veon Bell’s four-game suspension for skipping a drug test.
Check out the latest NFL news and rumors below.
• Dallas Cowboys running back Ezekiel Elliott has been accused of domestic assault by his ex-girlfriend, reports TMZ Sports.
• Houston Texans defensive end J.J. Watt underwent back surgery and will likely miss the preseason, reports John McClain of the Houston Chronicle. Watt is expected to be ready for the start of the regular season.
• Suspended Cleveland Browns wide receiver Josh Gordon met with commissioner Roger Goodell this week to discuss his reinstatement, reports Ian Rapoport of NFL Network.
• The Jacksonville Jaguars have no plans to sign Greg Hardy after working him out this week, reports Mike DiRocco of ESPN.
• Former Baltimore Ravens running back Ray Rice pledged to donate his entire salary to domestic violence programs if he is signed by a team, reports Tom Pelissero of USA Today.
• Washington Redskins cornerback Josh Norman told Business Insider that he can only “laugh” at the comments New York Giants wide receiver Odell Beckham Jr. has made. Beckham told GQ that Norman is only relevant because of him.
• Former Minnesota Vikings and Arizona Cardinals head coach Dennis Green passed away Friday morning at the age of 67, reports ESPN.