Latest news from the NFL off-season on Ryan Fitzpatrick’s one-year deal with the Jets, the Bears’ recent signings and Tyrod Taylor’s future with the Bills.
By Tom Downey, Chat Sports
The NFL off-season has essentially come to a close with most training camps underway. As training camps continue, the final remaining free agents are starting to come off the market, including Ryan Fitzpatrick. The quarterback has agreed to a one-year, $12 million deal with the New York Jets. The deal is fully guaranteed with an additional $3 million in incentives. Fitzpatrick will resume his duties as the Jets’ starting quarterback over Geno Smith.
Check out the latest NFL news and rumors below.
• The Chicago Bears have signed cornerback Brandon Boykin and wide receiver B.J. Daniels, the team announced. Boykin signed with the Carolina Panthers earlier this off-season, but the team cut him in March.
• The Baltimore Ravens may not sign offensive tackle Jake Long after all. He has yet to pass his physical, and the team announced that he will visit Dr. James Andrews for a knee evaluation. Long has torn his right ACL twice: once in 2013 and again in 2014.
• The Buffalo Bills and quarterback Tyrod Taylor are talking “relatively frequently” about a contract extension, reports Vic Carucci of the Buffalo News. Carucci says a deal could be reached in the next month or so, but nothing is imminent.
• Quarterback Nick Foles requested and received his release from the Los Angeles Rams, ESPN’s Adam Schefter reports. The quarterback is now free to sign with any team.
• The New Orleans Saints “haven’t made any progress” in contract extension talks with quarterback Drew Brees, general manager Mickey Loomis said. Brees has requested that a deal be made by the start of the regular season.
• The Saints have signed wide receiver Hakeem Nicks to a one-year deal, Schefter reports.
• Le’Veon Bell is appealing his four-game suspension for missed drug tests, but Pro Football Talk reports it’s unlikely he will win that appeal.