The latest news from the NFL off-season on Tim Tebow’s possible baseball career and Julian Edelman’s injury.
By Tom Downey, Chat Sports
The NFL pre-season is just two days away and the injuries are starting to accumulate around the league. That’s the unfortunate reality of training camps, and teams are hoping their key players can stay healthy. New England Patriots wide receiver Julian Edelman left practice on Tuesday with a lower left leg injury, just one day after coming off the PUP list. It’s still unclear how severe the injury is.
Check out the latest NFL news and rumors below.
• Former NFL quarterback Tim Tebow is looking to start a career in baseball, ESPN’s Adam Schefter reports. Tebow hasn’t played baseball full-time since 2005, when he was in high school, but he has been training for the past year.
• Tebow will hold a workout for all 30 MLB teams at some point in the next month, Schefter reports. Before turning his attention to football, Tebow was a draft prospect as a lefthanded-hitting outfielder, according to Baseball America.
• The Buffalo Bills might not have offensive tackle Cordy Glenn for the rest of the preseason. The NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport reports Glenn sustained a high ankle sprain, but has avoided structural damage.
• Pittsburgh Steelers cornerback Senquez Golson underwent surgery for his Lisfranc foot injury, Gerry Dulac of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reports. Golson, a 2015 second-round pick who has yet to play in even a pre-season game, could miss four months.
• Miami Dolphins linebacker Dion Jordan has been cleared to practice by the NFL, Schefter reports. Jordan had been conditionally reinstated earlier this off-season, although he’s still on the NFI-list with a knee injury.
• The Denver Broncos might not have cornerback Aqib Talib for the start of the season. Schefter told 104.3 The Fan he’s been told Talib could be suspended for eight games for his role in the June bar incident in which Talib was shot in the leg. However, Schefter says it could be as little as a one-game suspension.
• The Cleveland Browns have released their first depth chart of the preseason and it is highlighted by Terrelle Pryor being listed as the starting wide receiver opposite Corey Coleman.