The latest news from the NFL off-season on Tim Tebow’s possible baseball career and Julian Edelman’s injury.
By Brian Rauf, Chat Sports
The NFL pre-season kicks off tomorrow with six games on the schedule, and the injuries are starting to accumulate around the NFL. That’s the unfortunate reality of training camps and teams are hoping their key players can stay healthy. The injury bug has hit the Buffalo Bills hard, as rookie linebacker Reggie Ragland will miss the entire 2016 season after undergoing surgery to repair a torn ACL.
Check out the latest NFL news and rumors below.
• Philadelphia Eagles offensive tackle Lane Johnson is facing a 10-game suspension for violating the NFL’s performance-enhancing drug policy, reports ESPN’s Phil Sheridan.
• New England Patriots defensive end Rob Ninkovic sustained a torn triceps in practice and will miss four to six weeks, report Mike Reiss and Adam Schefter of ESPN.
• Patriots wide receiver Julian Edelman returned to practice after suffering a leg injury on Tuesday that wasn’t as serious as previously thought, reports Ian Rapoport of the NFL Network.
• The Denver Broncos announced that quarterback Mark Sanchez will start Thursday’s preseason game against the Chicago Bears. Sanchez and Trevor Siemian are listed as co-starters on the depth chart.
• New York Giants wide receiver Victor Cruz may miss the team’s first preseason game with a groin injury, reports Paul Schwartz of the New York Post.
• The Miami Dolphins announced they have signed cornerback Chris Culliver to a one-year deal, and they have placed him on the physically unable to perform list.
• A lawsuit is being brought against the NFL for canceling the Hall of Fame Game, reports Mike Florio of Pro Football Talk.