The latest news from the NFL off-season on Dion Lewis's surgery and J.J. Watt's imminent return.
By Brian Rauf, Chat Sports
We are halfway through the NFL preseason, and teams are now preparing for their "dress rehearsal" Week 3 games. Action gets started on Thursday, with the Atlanta Falcons facing the Miami Dolphins and the Seattle Seahawks hosting the Dallas Cowboys.
Check out the latest NFL news and rumors below.
• New England Patriots running back Dion Lewis will undergo "cleanup" knee surgery that will keep him out indefinitely, reports ESPN's Mike Reiss. Lewis sustained a torn ACL in November.
• Houston Texans head coach Bill O'Brien said injured defensive end J.J. Watt should return from back surgery "sooner rather than later," reports Aaron Wilson of the Houston Chronicle.
• Cleveland Browns wide receiver Josh Gordon practiced with the first-team offense for the first time on Sunday, reports ESPN's Pat McManamon.
• Baltimore Ravens defensive end Elvis Dumervil has returned to practice after undergoing off-season foot surgery, reports Ian Rapoport of the NFL Network.
• Free-agent defensive lineman Henry Melton announced on Instagram that he has signed with the Denver Broncos.
• The Philadelphia Eagles have signed linebacker Stephen Tulloch to a one-year, $3 million deal, reports Mike Florio of Pro Football Talk.
• The NFL has removed the "probable" category from injury reports, according to ESPN's Kevin Seifert.