NFL rumors: Week 3 news on injuries, suspensions, more
The New England Patriots dominated the Houston Texans on Thursday night, winning 27–0 despite starting rookie third-string quarterback Jacoby Brissett. Patriots head coach Bill Belichick is now 6–0 when playing a quarterback who is making his first career start.
Check out the latest NFL news and rumors below.
• Tampa Bay Buccaneers tight end Austin Seferian-Jenkins was arrested on a DUI charge on Thursday, reports Greg Auman and Rick Stroud of the Tampa Bay Times.
• Atlanta Falcons rookie safety Keanu Neal returned to practice on Thursday, reports D. Orlando Ledbetter of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution. Neal has missed the last four weeks after undergoing minor knee surgery.
• The NFL issued a statement saying they still plan to play Sunday's game between the Carolina Panthers and Minnesota Vikings in Charlotte as scheduled despite riots in the city this week.
• Miami police are investigating a July incident in which Denver Broncos linebacker Brandon Marshall was handcuffed and threatened with a taser, reports Nicki Jhabvala of the Denver Post.
• Seattle Seahawks wide receiver Doug Baldwin wants all 50 state attorney generals to call for a review of their policies and training policies for police and law enforcement, reports ESPN's Sheil Kapadia.
• Minnesota Vikings left tackle Matt Kalil is out for the season after undergoing hip surgery, reports Tom Pelissero of USA Today.
• Nevada governor Brian Sandoval announced that the Nevada State legislature will meet sometime in mid-October to vote on the $750 million public funding plan for building a football stadium in Las Vegas. If approved, the Raiders would only need the vote from the NFL owners to relocate to the city.